Water always flows downward due to gravity. Water in underground structures will need to go out to the sewer, where it may drain away since water cannot flow against the force of gravity without assistance. A basement flood is every homeowner’s worst nightmare. A sump pump shields your property from torrential downpours and rising waters that cause significant structural damage and expensive repair bills. Perhaps you won’t consider your sump pump until it starts to pour heavily. You then hope it will drain properly, preventing water from flooding your basement. However, that’s not usually the case because your sump pump could fail for several reasons and would require expert services for its repairs.
Type of Sump Pumps
- Submersible pumps: Submersible pumps are buried inside the basin and are made of waterproof materials that enable them to operate while submerged in the water collected securely. Although these pumps are typically more powerful and quieter, they require more upkeep and have a shorter lifespan.
- Pedestal pumps: Pedestal pumps bring water into your basin using a hose that is fed into the basin’s bottom, keeping the pumping mechanism out of the water. These pumps are noisier and frequently have their pumping strength restricted by the size of the collection hose, but they last longer and typically require less maintenance.
Causes of Sump Pump Failure
These Sump pumps could cease operation for several reasons. Common causes of Sump Pump failure include:
- Power loss
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frosted-over or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is ten years)
If a storm or plumbing break causes a basement flood, a reliable sump pump is the first line of defense for a homeowner. However, if your sump pump breaks down, it may exacerbate an already existing issue or even start a flood. However, for those in the Houston area, there is a Houston sump pump repair firm that you can trust
What Are The Benefits Of A Functional Sump Pump
- Prevents floods caused by rain
- Minimizes the risk of sewage backup
- Lowers the humidity in the basement
- Lowers the chance of mold and mildew development
- Keeps basement from being flooded
- Reduces humidity levels, which enhances the quality of indoor air.
Sump pumps collect water from your basement’s sump basin and pump it to ground level, where it can flow away with the rest of the water from the surface. These systems must stay in prime working order to provide reliable and consistent protection. For fast, reliable, quality, and safe drainage contractors for Memorial City Sump Pump Repairs, contact us. We offer worry-free landscape drainage and provide the best sump pump repair & installation.